Date(s) - 09/06/2019 - 13/06/2019
Enjoy a visit to the thriving city of Liverpool – with its glorious maritime history rejuvenated dockside and a bustling city centre. During your stay we have included a 3-hour coach tour of Liverpool, visits to the U-Boat Story Museum, Port Sunlight Village, Chester and the Anderton Boat Lift and more . . .
Day 1 – Depart during the morning (circa. 09.30 hrs from Mill Hill/Edgware) and travel north, making an appropriate comfort stop en-route, to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire. Upon arrival there will be time to use their catering facilities prior to boarding the ,land train’ for a 45-minute tour, after which there will be free time, prior to the coach departing during the mid-afternoon, for the journey on to Liverpool and our hotel, The Novotel Liverpool City Centre. Here accommodation is reserved for four nights on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis.
Day 2 – After breakfast, a local guide will join the coach at the hotel for a 3-hour tour of Liverpool and, tide times permitting, a visit to Crosby Beach to see Anthony Gormley’s ‘Another Place’. This consists of 100 cast-iron, life-size figures spread out along three kilometres of the foreshore and stretching almost one kilometre out to sea. Upon return to Liverpool, the afternoon will be at leisure.
Day 3 – After breakfast, the coach will depart for the short journey to Pier Head from where we have included a trip across the River Mersey on a Mersey Ferry, to Woodside on the Wirral, we have included entrance to the U-Boat Story Museum. From here, the coach will continue to Poft Sunlight Village where a one-hour guided tour of the village, along with entrance to the museum and Lady
LeverArt Gallery, are included.
Day 4 – After breakfast, the coach will depart for a full day excursion to Chester, where, upon arrival local guide will join you for a 1/z hour guided coach tour of the City and surrounding villages. We then return to Chester for a walking tour of the City, after which there will be free time before returning to Liverpool.
Day 5 – Check out of the hotel after breakfast and make our way to the Anderton Boat Lift, where a 30-minute trip inside the lift is followed by a 4S-minute river cruise; both of these are included. There will be time to use their catering facilities prior to the coach departing for the return journey, arriving back during the early/ mid evening.
- Return coach travel
- Four night’s accommodation at the Novotel Liverpool City Centre on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis
- Visit to the National Memorial Arboretum including a 45-minute ride on their ‘land-train’
- Guided tour of Liverpool
- ‘Ferry across the Mersey’& entrance to the U-boat Story Museum
- Group entrance and guided coach tour at Port Sunlight Village
- Guided tour of Chester and surrounding villages
- Combined entrance to the Anderton Boat Lift to include a 3O-minute trip inside the lift, followed by a 45-minute river cruise
- FULL ABTA financial protection
- Personal expenditure, gratuities or any admission charges other than stated
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Single Occupancy Room Supplement
* The price shown r.s based on a minimum of 35 paying passengers, however should we reach 45 paying members, the price will reduce to £400.00 per person.
See the “trip flyer/brochure” for more details by clicking the link above.